Medialets Universal SDK 2.3 for Android Released
by Paulina Riera
Medialets Universal SDK 2.3 for Android has been released.
Our latest Android release offers the following:
- Supports Android’s Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich operating systems.
- Introduces new ad format: Medialets Growable. A type of expandable, Growables support an initial display of a smaller creative which expands to a larger size but is generated by one single HTML5 file.
- Introduces new ad format: Medialets Adaptable. A type of expandable, Adaptables allow the expanded portion of ads to be of varied sizes and positioned anywhere on the screen. Adaptables increase the range of options available for displaying expandable ad creative, especially on devices with larger screens.
- Introduces MRAID support so that any creative coded to the MRAID creative standard can run in our SDK.
- Introduces support for Enhanced Mobile Opt-Out which gives users the ability to control their ad targeting preferences directly within the context of an ad unit.
- Supports creative to be served to the varied Android device sizes by implementing the support of slot size ranges.
- Introduces support of app-level tracking pixels and expands support of ad-level tracking pixels.
- Supports ad serving into long-living apps – apps that may remain open for days – through a parameter that will inform the SDK how often it should check-in with the server for new available ad bundles.
- In expandable ad formats, supports transparency on the banner and expanded content separately.
- Informs developers if the app is currently in debug mode or if the ApplicationId has not been correctly entered.
- To facilitate the creation of expandable ads, the SDK asserts that the created adView’s context is an Activity and that the Activity’s main view is a ViewGroup. In addition, our SDK asserts that the Activity has the screenSize, keyboardHidden, and orientation configChanges set.
- Moved configuration of ApplicationId, ApplicationVersion, UseTestServers from strings.xml to a Service.
- Removed animation on modal expandables and interstitials. Animation should be handled in creative development.
- Now using AsyncTask for any data (file, DB, etc) used on the main UI thread in order to cut down on the actual CPU time consumed by the thread.
- Added display of the JS Console logging to the Android logs.
- Added additional AdListener callbacks for expandable and embedded browser activities:
- onAdViewExpandToFullScreen(AdView view);
- onAdViewDismissFullScreen(AdView view);
- onAdViewDisplayEmbeddedBrowser(AdView view);
- onAdViewDismissEmbeddedBrowser(AdView view);
- Updated samples apps to include verification that the Activity has the screenSize, keyboardHidden, and orientation configChanges set.
- Allows creatives to detect the visibility of the ad view.
- Sends logical screen resolution to ad server so more intelligent device targeting can be performed.
- Gives creative content access to numerous app, ad, and device attributes.
- Resolved a crash issue which resulted from attempting to load an ad bundle whose file URL included a hash mark (#).
- Resolved an issue in which certain third party tags were loading click throughs in the banner view instead of in the embedded browser.
- Resolved an issue in which the SDK, when an ad request via ID was made, did not honor impression capping.
- Resolved an issue in which exiting an app by pressing the “Home” button was not accurately posting events. Events are now posted after 30 seconds of inactivity following the exiting of an app – whether via “Back” or “Home” button.
- Resolved issue in which email link from an embedded browser was not opening email client as expected.
- Resolved an issue in which ad downloading was not occurring if the device was in landscape orientation.
- Resolved an issue in which ad weight was not being properly supported.
- Resolved an issue in which ad bundle files were not being properly updated from device’s disk space upon downloading of a new, smaller ad bundle version.
- Provided a work-around fix to resolve a memory leak associated with Android’s WebView.
- Resolved an issue in which calling MMAnalyticsManager.useTestServers() caused permanent use of test servers.
- Resolved an issue in which AdView.prepare(adId) was not correctly honoring bound checks.
- Resolved an issue in which <input> and <textarea> elements were not receiving keyboard focus.
- Resolved an issue in which impression capping was not being accurately supported.
- Resolved a crash issue which occurred if an ad was prepared by ID and was invisible.
- Added adStartUp and adShutDown events.
- Resolved issues occurring because Location Services functionality was disabled by default when the Ad SDK would initialize the Analytics SDK.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the preparation of a new banner in a BannerAdView after it called dismiss.
- Resolved a crash issue which occurred if a banner was prepared immediately after initializing the SDK.
- Resolved an issue which resulted in incorrect adView duration counts when an app was backgrounded while an embedded browser, expandable or interstitial was on-screen.
- Resolved an issue which prevented the embedded browser from honoring device orientation.
- Resolved an issue in which the SDK used the default AppID/Version if the AdManager was not initialized and started when an ad was prepared.
|Download the new Medialets Universal SDK|
|To download the latest SDK, log in to muse.medialets.com and click Downloads in the user menu. If you lack the correct credentials, contact your Medialets Representative.|
|Getting Medialets Support|
At Medialets, we are committed to making the process of integrating our SDK into your application as seamless as possible.
To aid you in your efforts, we have provided full, online documentation on support.medialets.com. However, should you require further assistance, please contact Developer Relations at: email@example.com.
|To Subscribe to our Blog Feed via FeedMyInbox|
To receive a notification email when new posts are added to our blog, provide your email address below. A verification email will be sent to that email address and blog notification emails will follow as they become available.
Powered by Feed My Inbox